Translate this site:
German
Danish
Dutch
French
Norwegian
Spanish
Swedish



Thursday, March 30, 2006

Wooo HOOO. An answer

Remember this email, and my question? I got an answer. And, once again, to the person who emailed, I thank you so very much for your response - Xie xie. The answer is that the CCAA does not intend to get beyond 12 months. The 6 month mark didn't work well for them, they feel they can work the most effectively in the 8 to 12 month range. I just want to type that again. They have no intention of going past 12 months.
As for the move, apparently the majority of the move has taken place. They are still working on it, it is not complete. As far as the Hunan situation, it was pointed out that anytime a bureaucracy inside of the Chinese Government gets a spotlight from the international community there is a lot of reshuffling and a lot of attention is paid to future work for a while. It was felt that this is a key piece of the recent slowdown. As far as orphanages closing due to a shortage of children, it was stressed that overall this is not the case. There may be a few SWI's with fewer children, but others are having to do major expansion. Some of the variables that are playing into this were discussed - I'll save that for another post. Most of it I was aware of, but it was really good to hear it from someone who has had their feet on the ground there. The major thing to remember is that when you talk to your child about the one child policy, just know that there is a good chance that the birthmom was an unwed mother and that the one child policy had nothing to do with his/her abandonment. The email was closed with another paragraph about the wait times. Pointing out that 12 months should be the maximum wait we'd see and that it would probably settle at 10 months once the Hunan situation has faded and the move is complete and they get more children's files coming in. So, how do I feel about the idea that we will likely get our referral in September, and not sometime next year?

14 Comments:

Blogger Carrie said...

I SOOOOO hope that this is true. I can handle a 12 month wait, anything over that would do me in. 10 months would be fantastic!!!!

3/30/2006 07:47:00 PM  
Blogger eli said...

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox

3/30/2006 07:51:00 PM  
Blogger Cora & Mike said...

You just Made My Day!!!!!! Thank you for all the work you do for those of us chomping at the bit daily for any piece of news we can get. :-)

3/30/2006 07:54:00 PM  
Blogger Bibi said...

Ohhh.....I rrrrrrrreally hope this is true!!!
How do you know the mail that was sent came from a trustworthy person?
12 Months max.....that would be such good news in the chaos of info lately.

I also would like to thank you RQ for this blog.

3/30/2006 07:58:00 PM  
Blogger Heather said...

For us, that would mean Christmas in China! At this point, I would take that!

H

LID 10/26

3/30/2006 08:59:00 PM  
Blogger Jenny said...

I can do a 12 month stint as well. 10 woud be super cool but 12 would mean I wouldn't have to re-do my homestudy!

And that with my March 1 LID would put me close to traveling in 1 year. WOOHOOO

3/30/2006 09:01:00 PM  
Blogger Leilani's Mom said...

WWHHOOOOO!!! I so hope this source is reliable....That is GREAT news! I can handle the 10-12 month wait-I was getting worried about the expiration of fingerprints etc.... So I'll do a little happy dance and hope they are right! It all makes sense to me! Jan

3/30/2006 10:00:00 PM  
Blogger Donna said...

A few observations.

First of all, thanks for pulling all of this information together in one place for us. I know it must be no small task!

I'd be curious to know if your source is actually an employee of CCAA. Otherwise, I can't give them any more credibility than the very knowledgeable people who work at my own agency. They too have opinions about all of the things the author of your email seems to have opinions about. I'd weigh their opinion more heavily if they were actually an employee and not just another agency representative.

Lastly, why is the "major" thing to remember when we talk to our kids about the one child policy that they could have been the result of a unwed pregnancy? Maybe I'm old fashioned but I think it's less emotionally distressful to think you were abandoned because of a sweeping government policy and not because your birth mother was having (unprotected) sex out of wedlock. Don't hate me for typing that --- it's just my personal opinion!

I'm really happy to hear that the wait isn't expected to go beyond 12 months. That's what our agency has been telling us so it's nice to have confirmation. It would be really nice to know that that confirmation came from someone at CCAA directly though! :)

Donna

3/30/2006 11:29:00 PM  
Blogger Jet said...

This is the best news I've had since our LID 1/6. I'm glad I found your Blog. Noeone in the Netherlands is doing this. If this is true it won't be june/july 2007 we get our referal, but much sooner!! Keep sharing your rumours! You're the best!

3/31/2006 12:46:00 AM  
Blogger Todd C. Murry said...

Oh my word. The words you repeated twice broght tears to my eyes! I didn't even know how raw I was feeling until I felt relief and hope from your words!

Brandi

3/31/2006 12:50:00 AM  
Blogger Jet said...

Sorry, so excited I wrote our LID is 1/6 (wishful thinking), but ofcourse our DTC is 1/6 and our LID 1/23..........

3/31/2006 02:39:00 AM  
Blogger chad-roscoe said...

"Lastly, why is the "major" thing to remember when we talk to our kids about the one child policy that they could have been the result of a unwed pregnancy?" I'm thinking because maybe a lot are from that and your child could grow up one day and see that that was the case at the time? Just in terms of trying not to mislead your child?
Anywho, to the dear RQ, can you cartwheel? My brat mei mei can (I love her to death really) but I never could.... *sigh*
Fantastice news though! I need more. You're an instant addiction.
Dianne

3/31/2006 02:57:00 AM  
Blogger Anna said...

Since CCAA have a quota I interpret this answer as "CCAA would like to have 12 month wait" and are working towards that.
But with the facts of more applications 2005 and a fixed quota my fear is that the wait might get longer than 12 months, for a period, before it gets back down to 12 months.

3/31/2006 07:09:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bless you, Rumor Queen!

3/31/2006 12:22:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home