Translate this site:
German
Danish
Dutch
French
Norwegian
Spanish
Swedish



Tuesday, March 28, 2006

An update to the clarification

Someone emailed me saying that she was told that part of the current slowdown is that all of the orphanages are now supposed to be doing their own evaluation to make sure they don't have any practices that could be seen as questionable. While this is going on, presumably, paperwork is greatly slowed down. Someone else let me know there is a meeting with all of the orphanages next month, perhaps that is related? I think this is good news. Yes, we all know that part of the problem is that there were more dossiers... but when you combine that with the fact that it looks like less referrals are being made every month, it's getting really bad. So, a reason that sounds like this might be more of a short term thing is certainly a good thing.

2 Comments:

Blogger Ellen said...

I have also heard that the orpanage "gods" are meeting to "discuss" things. Although, I can't remember where I heard that info. If it was here, my agency, or elsewhere.
For my two cents regarding the slowdown of referrals....
I think that it will be a short term thing in response to the traffiking problems. Also, and this is my belief, the number one motivator is money! The referral times are cyclical, but keep in mind that EVERY child means $3000 to that orphange, and I don't think China can absorb all those expenses for children living in the orphanges. There may not be "paper ready" children available right now, but as the money intake decreases this will "cost" the orphanges. If too many people jump ship and change their country, it WILL effect the economy, or at least the financial state of the orphanges. I see it coming back up again. What I don't have any clue about is the time frame. Just my 2 cents!

3/28/2006 06:45:00 PM  
Blogger Kate said...

ARGH!

Ladies, PLEASE!!!!

Please, please, please, please reconsider not posting your referral to APC. PLEASE!

If you think they just get lost in all the squabbling, then...um...not posting them at all makes them really get lost.

And all those newbies and quiet folk who don't post at all will see only the sad side, the squabbling, the rumors, and not be able to share the joy.

When I posted our referral news, we got a hundred private notes of congratulations in our email box. I cried for days at the happy notes and being able to be part of that three-day sweep...

I used to be assured of coming to APC around referral time and having two or three days of weepiness because I was so happy for all the folks with new referrals. I was far from the only one; I knew I had lots of buddies who checked into APC around referrals time just so they could get that heart rush of sharing the joy.

The more people who feel like you do, like it's a waste on people who don't care, the more it will be a waste, because pretty soon, all that will be left is people who don't care...and the new parents will think there's no-one out there who gives a hoot...and the newbies will think the people who adopt from China are all a joyless, sour lot...

PLEASE post your referrals. I'm begging you.

Kate

3/28/2006 06:46:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home