Translate this site:
German
Danish
Dutch
French
Norwegian
Spanish
Swedish



Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Another clarification

I believe some people are saying that I think the CCAA is deliberately slowing down. I don't know why they have slowed down, I've just put facts out that show that it looks like they are doing less per month than they were. I don't think I've tried to say why it is slower - I've speculated some, sorry if it's come off as more than speculation. So, for the record, I do not know why. The three things that make the most sense are:
  • The Hunan situation because it took people away from their regular jobs
  • The Hunan situation because they were unhappy with the publicity and are trying to downplay adoption right now
  • There are less paper ready babies
  • They are trying to phase things out before the Olympics and figure if people stop sending dossiers in right now and the wait for those from the past couple of months is at two years then they won't be adopting many babies out during the Olympics, which is what we've been hearing for years is what will happen.
At this point, the best news for those waiting would be if the first is the truth of the matter. As that means that at some point things will speed back up. I truly hope it is not the last... but it's floating around out there enough that I figured I'd stick it in here, as it apparently is something that a lot of people are worried about right now. I do want to give the CCAA the benefit of the doubt. I truly do. I have a feeling that *if* there is an intentional slowdown that it's something that came down to them from higher up and they have no choice in the matter. But, for right now, my thinking is that it is not intentional. I'm hoping it is not intentional. If I were pressed to come up with what I truly think... I'd probably say it's a combination of the first and third points.

1 Comments:

Blogger Dee said...

Actually, from an extremely selfish point of view, I hope it is intentional. My agency has been telling us they thought the wait would stretch to 12 months since late last fall. And they are well known for not speculating. If the CCAA doesn't say it to them, they don't say it to us. If your scenario about continued half months proves true my wait (march 06 LID) would be well over 18 months. I don't claim to know the reason for an intentional slowdown, but I tend to think the CCAA has been making fewer referrals each month to get to the 12 month mark. I suspect we will start seeing full months again soon, which will only serve to keep a 12 month wait in place.

On the other hand, I sincerly hope they are doing everything possible to make as many matches as possible as quickly as possible. I would hate to think children are staying in orphanages one minute more than neccessary.

3/29/2006 12:02:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home