Translate this site:
German
Danish
Dutch
French
Norwegian
Spanish
Swedish



Thursday, March 30, 2006

Positive Negative Neutral

I understand that there are people who are upset by negative news. And that's a pretty natural thing - to be upset by something that's not what you wanted to hear. We've all had our fair share of that in the past several months. My intention is not to be negative or positive. It's just to report what's floating around and analyze it. Yes, there are days I'm not dealing well with the news and I rant and rave some... and there are days I am dealing with it better and I try to stay neutral and just report and analyze. I am human, after all. Some agencies are telling their people the wait will not go past 12 months. Other agencies are telling their people the wait could go as far out as 18 months. Both cannot be right. So, do I believe my agency and ignore all of the others? No, I dig to see if I can figure out what the truth of the matter is. I haven't figured that out yet, but I'm hoping to. If the truth of the matter is the former, then that will be a good thing (would have seemed bad 6 months ago, but now it would be great). If it is the latter then that will be a horrible thing. But, whichever is right, does not make me negative or positive, just means that I'm reporting on what I've found out. If something is bad I may point out that it sucks. If a rumor looks good I may be cautiously optimistic. But, I'm not going to try to make something look worse than it is or better than it is. I'm not going to blow sunshine up your skirt to make you feel better. I'm going to report what I'm hearing and try my best to make sense of it. Don't get the message confused with the messenger. We're all in this together, hopefully together we can figure some of this out, so we can figure out how to plan the next year of our life.

5 Comments:

Blogger Cindy Bennett, CTA said...

I think you are doing a great job, RQ. I always keep in mind that you are sharing rumors, second hand info, and opinions. I want to hear it all...good or bad.

I have an LID of 9/12---are we all pretty much assuming the minimum wait is 12 months now? unfortunately, thats what i'm thinking.

3/30/2006 02:54:00 PM  
Blogger Nina said...

RQ, I also want to tell you how much I appreciate this site. You rock!
As for those who have a problem with the content of some posts - well, it reminds me of people who don't like certain TV shows. Instead of changing the show, change the channel or don't watch TV. If they don't like the rumor, they can visit another website! (or is that too simplistic?) There's a lot of emotional reactivity on the boards these days in general and it's probably spilling over to this site.
Thanks for all your efforts. Keep up the good work!!

3/30/2006 04:02:00 PM  
Blogger RumorQueen said...

The thing is - if the CCAA would just give an estimate, an official and trustworthy estimate, then all of the rumors could stop. I could close up shop here and get on with my life, knowing how to plan the next year or so.

And, now that we know a bit more of the CCAA's logistics, it should be easy for them to do this.

They have asked for X amount of baby dossiers to arrive in April and they have Y amount of June parent dossiers to get through. Simple math will tell them how long that will take. Same with the following months.

They don't have to tell us numbers, as I know they don't like to publish official numbers, but they should be able to publish something that says "we expect it to take two months to get through the dossiers for the month of June, and we expect it to take about a month and a half to get through each of the next four months"

They may not like the rumors, but if they wanted them to stop, they could easily stop them.

I feel the need to keep an eye on the rumors because I like to plan things, and I can't plan squat because I don't know when we'll be in China, and I don't know when we'll have two kids instead of one.

It's really not as easy as just walking away and ignoring the fact that you have a child coming until you get the referral phone call. If we had a better idea when that call was coming, it would be. Even if the news we get is that referrals are going to continue to average three months to refer one LID month at least for the next year. That's bad, but at least we would know. And then we could plan our lives around that.

But as long as we have to scour the internet for rumors, I'm guessing that's what a lot of us will be doing.

3/30/2006 04:03:00 PM  
Blogger Shannon said...

RQ- I think you do a fabulous job of presenting the rumors. I never take any of this as fact. Even if it makes me gasp a bit, I just remind myself they are just rumors.

And I'm with you on the planning thing. Its hard to be in limbo like this for the next year or so! Any answer would be AN ANSWER at this point, and that would be great. Solve all my rumor addictions!

3/30/2006 04:18:00 PM  
Blogger RumorQueen said...

Oh, I completely agree that they do seem to be trying, and that the updates to their site are a welcome change.

I'm just saying - if they published their estimates, and they were fairly close (within two to three months) then within a few months 90% of the rumors would stop.

3/30/2006 04:44:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home