Translate this site:
German
Danish
Dutch
French
Norwegian
Spanish
Swedish



Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Two pieces of information I would really like to have

1. Does anyone know for sure what days the CCAA will be closed for the May Day celebrations? Sometimes they close for a whole week, but I've heard from one source that they will only be closed for two days this year. 2. I would lovelovelovelove to get some numbers from the State Department showing how many Visa's they've processed so far this year for babies from China to the U.S. They normally only put this information out at the end of the year... I wonder if there is anyway to get a quarterly number from them? And yes, there are other things I'd also like to know (like when we'll get our referral), but these two are things that I think I might actually have a shot at finding out. Maybe. Anyone with info, feel free to email me or leave a comment. Anon posting is still turned off. It will be turned back on for periods of time here and there, but it's not right now.

3 Comments:

Blogger RumorQueen said...

Matt - the post right above this one has stats from his site. And I've used his stats several other times on this site. His stats are a wealth of information.

3/28/2006 11:54:00 AM  
Blogger RumorQueen said...

Umm, Ken? Why did you post that link? There are no quarterly totals there. We all know that's where you go for yearly totals. Or, I guess I should say anyone who has been reading my blog for very long knows it.

What I am wishing for is a QUARTERLY total. It's almost the end of March, I'd love to see the State Dept put out a total for JanFebMar of 2006. Otherwise we won't see 2006 numbers until next January.

3/28/2006 12:19:00 PM  
Blogger RumorQueen said...

fu-fairy - I know they usually take a whole week off, but someone stated they wouldn't be doing that this year, so I'm trying to see if anyone knows for sure.

They only took one week off for CNY this year instead of two, so with that in mind it would be nice if they could have all of this vacation.

Another thing, if the problem is truly a shortage of paperwork for the babies then they may be able to match the same amount whether they work three weeks or four weeks.

3/28/2006 04:06:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home