Translate this site:
German
Danish
Dutch
French
Norwegian
Spanish
Swedish



Thursday, April 20, 2006

Conversation on Spanish Board

Someone emailed me a conversation from the Spanish board. What it boils down to is that someone using Andeni was told that they do not know anything about the next cut off, they expect referrals to go out before the CCAA breaks for vacation, and they expect to know something the week that they are actually mailed. (So, next week sometime, I would guess). Someone who uses Seville was told the cut should be June 6th and that they think that with a June 30th LID they will travel in August. (Does anyone know how long it is from referral to travel for the Spain folks?)
There is also a note that someone feels Seville thinks that June 6th is a safe bet, but that it could go farther. There is also a feeling from some people that referrals will be sent this week. --------- Now for what I think. I'm not sure we're seeing enough rumors yet for them to be sent this week. I'm thinking Andeni is probably right and they will be sent next week. I'm not going to guess on the cut off.

6 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Hi RQ,

I just wanted to say that a lot of rumors feed on other rumors. I have been on the Spanish boards and have posted American rumors. The Spaniards, in turn, spread those rumors. So we think they know something we don't, but in reality the rumor might have originated from us.

This is like playing a game of "Telephone" where the message ends up being something else when it reaches the last person.

4/20/2006 10:58:00 AM  
Blogger RumorQueen said...

I know Mary, and I try really hard to figure out where something is coming from before I report it just to keep the boomerang effect down as much as possible. When I can't verify an origin but I keep seeing it I will usually report it but I will be very clear it's a shaky rumor.

In this case, the conversation was between two people who have spoken with their agency. So I don't think we are seeing this here.

Also, while we have your expertise around - which agency is usually right?

4/20/2006 11:05:00 AM  
Blogger Jose y Carmen said...

I am spanish and I have read this "conversation".
People working with different agencies have been told that cut will be on 6th June, day before day after.
Regarding the time to travel after referral in Spain is 1 month 1/2 or 2 month as much.
In Spain we post rumors form USA boards and you do dame with ours....
I think we all are waiting to hear good news....

4/20/2006 11:27:00 AM  
Blogger RumorQueen said...

It would appear that if they are saying that a June 30th LID should travel in August, that they are expecting them to get their referral at the end of June or the first of July (whenever referrals happen to fall that month).

This would mean they are expecting the CCAA to do June in three batches.

It will also put us squarely at 12 months with no wiggle room. They either have to go to full months or things get slower than one year.

4/20/2006 12:11:00 PM  
Blogger RumorQueen said...

It is also my understanding that Spain doesn't have LID's between the 6th and the 10th.

So, if Spain is accurate (and that's still a big IF in my book), then we could say that the next cutoff will be either the 6th, 7th, 8th, or 9th.

4/20/2006 12:13:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

RQ,

ACI Madrid is reporting referrals are through June 6th.

4/20/2006 05:41:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home