Translate this site:
German
Danish
Dutch
French
Norwegian
Spanish
Swedish



Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Another agency speaks.....

... but I'm hogtied to try to figure out what they said. Someone forwarded me an email from their agency. The agency managed to send 359 words about the wait, and only one sentence on what this means.... and I have no idea how to read that one sentence. I'm thinking this person was a politician in a past life. In a nutshell, she says that she wants to share what she knows about the increase in referral wait times. She then says that the CCAA was given more in-country oversight of the orphanages at the same time that there were an increase of dossiers from foreign families wishing to adopt. The CCAA slowed down the referral process "presumably" so they can do a thorough job of reveiwing dossiers and working with all of the Chinese orphanages that have been added to their system. We are told that "CCAA's excellent handling of international adoption remains in effect as they expand their responsibilities." We knew all of that already, but it's nice to hear it again. We really want to know about OUR wait. I'll do a direct quote on the next part:
What this means is that our families, who are currently experiencing a 12-month wait between LID and referral, will continue to experience similar wait times in the foreseeable future.
This great big long email for one sentence of meat, and I have no idea what to make of this sentence. Are they saying the wait is going to stay around 12 months and not go higher? What is the foreseeable future? Two months? And then what... it jumps to 16 months? Or stays at 12 months? Thank you very much to the person who sent this email. I really do appreciate it. I'm just not sure what to make of it.

4 Comments:

Blogger RumorQueen said...

Someone else from this agency emailed me, saying their agency just posted that the wait will not go beyond 12 months and that they have added new orphanages. This person did not forward the email, they just gave me a synopsis of it.

If you are used to the way your agency gives out info, then perhaps this is what they are saying. But to me it just seems like they are trying to say something without actually saying something.

Which is actually better than what my agency has done recently. Is hazy communication better than no communication at all? I don't know.

4/05/2006 05:01:00 PM  
Blogger RumorQueen said...

Apparently this agency got some questions and posted a response

"We have seen the 10 to 12 months estimate on the CCAA website, but with the current increase, we are preparing for a 12 month wait until we see or hear otherwise.
We may see times shift slightly in response to holidays or other events in the meantime."

So, they are going by what is on the CCAA website, and this doesn't appear to be information they got from CCAA. Other than what we can get off of the website.

4/05/2006 05:21:00 PM  
Blogger RumorQueen said...

Debann - yes, there is at least one agency out there claiming that they spoke with the CCAA, and that the CCAA does not intend for the wait to go beyond 12 months.

However, there are also a few agencies who also say that they heard directly from the CCAA that the wait could go up to 18 months. They are saying 18 months from LID to travel, so we can probably say 16 months as a worst case scenario.

But I'm trying to hang onto the 12 month thing. Hoping it's true.

4/05/2006 05:25:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

My agency emailed me yesterday and said, and I quote "the CCAA has indicated they are committed to keeping the wait under 12 months". She then went on to say she has seen the wait as low as 6 months and as high as 14 months. She said she hopes this is temporary. I honestly believe the wait will decrease in the future. I have nothing to back this up, it's just what I think. I am planning on a 12 month wait. We have a february lid.

4/05/2006 05:47:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home