Translate this site:
German
Danish
Dutch
French
Norwegian
Spanish
Swedish



Friday, April 14, 2006

Some responses and observations

Two people have complained that they posted a comment and it never showed up. It must be a blogger thing, I didn't do it. The CCAA updated many of their pages in August. When that page first changed a few people found the Google cache of what it had said before, and it had said the same thing. I wouldn't read too much into that. Unless they change it, of course. If you want to see what the wait has done going way back you can look at the graphs on this page. The big difference in the wait going up this time and last time is that last time as soon as they realized it was going to get out of control they put the quota in place, and then the wait went gradually up for a year and then came down rapidly. When I say it went up gradually, I mean that they did three weeks a month several times during the year. Or, maybe they did a whole month but took five weeks to do it. If we really wanted to compare this slowdown to that one then I would have expected them to put the quota in place in, say - June or July of last year when they saw there was going to be a problem out in the future. And, if they had done that then we'd know the wait would be going back down soon. But we're a year past when they should have put a quota in place, if they were going to. I've tried to think of why this may be - I can come up with a half a dozen reasons, but I don't see evidence to make me lean towards one over the others. If you look on this page again, and scroll down a little, you will see the rate of referrals. It appears that January and March are way down, but February was in the normal range. The positive person inside of me is hoping that the CCAA had a nice heart to heart with the orphanage directors at the meeting and that they will get lots of paperwork in so they can match lots and lots of new families. The pessimist inside of me is laughing at the optimist inside of me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home