Translate this site:
German
Danish
Dutch
French
Norwegian
Spanish
Swedish



Wednesday, November 08, 2006

New server / old server

I know of three people who are still being directed to the old site. I'm sure there are probably more.

Your ISP is solely responsible for where you are pointed when you type in the address. I was told it can take as long as 72 hours, but that most ISP's refresh their cache within that time frame.

I'm told to think of the DNS listings like a phone book. So, you type in a name and your ISP looks up that name and gets the number and then goes to that number. They download (or cache) the DNS listings every so often as that makes the lookup process faster for them. As long as they are using their old copy of listings, they will send you to the old site. You won't see the new site until they start using the new listing.

I don't know if it will help, but you can always write or call your ISP and see if they can do something for you.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where I can see the last poll on LID?
Carmen

11/13/2006 05:57:00 AM  
Blogger Sparky said...

Anybody else having trouble accessing the new site tonight? I can't get on the blog or the forum.

11/29/2006 10:41:00 PM  
Blogger China_Baby_Mei said...

Anyone else having trouble tonight getting the new site up? JeannineLID 9/2

11/30/2006 09:01:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home