Translate this site:
German
Danish
Dutch
French
Norwegian
Spanish
Swedish



Thursday, August 24, 2006

Nothing past 7/22 yet

If anyone has any information that shouldn't go in the comments please send it to my gmail account.

I still have not seen a referral past 7/22.

I wish I could understand why the CCAA thinks that secrecy is so important. There are agencies who spoke with the CCAA last night or the night before and were told there is no information. And yet, they received referrals today, so they were told this after referrals had been mailed. Why would the CCAA lie to them? What could it hurt to let families know as soon as there is information to know?

When we did this before I never felt that the CCAA had an antagonistic relationship with waiting families... but during this adoption I feel very much like this is the case. I wish I knew of a way to change that.

And now I'm going to go back into a dark room and cry some more. One week of referrals just hurts. My heart hurts. I mean, it physically hurts. This is not just an emotional hurt. I wish the CCAA could understand what we are going through.

When I am through feeling sorry for myself I will look to see about changing hosts to one that can handle 700 people in a ten second period of time.

4 Comments:

Blogger Kevin and Kim said...

I agree with RQ - I too feel the CCAA has an antagonistic attitude. I have felt this way for a while, even though this is our first time adopting from China.

Why can't they have some kind of sympathy/understanding that people have their hearts and souls invested in these babies - our whole future families depends on their motions and I am getting sick of it.

Words cannot express how much this news hurts and is so madenning. I don't think we will ever get our referral. LID 12/20/05

8/24/2006 06:59:00 PM  
Blogger Sparky said...

Group hugs work for me. RQ, we love ya' girl. Thanks for all you do and may I suggest that you have a nice big chocolate martini to take the edge off a bit. If it wasn't for you and your blog and forum well I.....I'd be probably locked up somewhere in some looney bin. I don't know how you do it. I am in awe of you.

Now for that group hug. If you haven't been over to NOvary's blog today you should hurry on over there. Her joy comes screaming through and her latest post is funny as hell. It takes the edge off of this slightly.

8/24/2006 07:12:00 PM  
Blogger Jacquie said...

Did I hear my girl Sparky say something about a chocolate martini?

8/24/2006 08:02:00 PM  
Blogger Christine&Real said...

Some are now saying that because of the Olympic, CCAA might speed things up. I was really depress when I used the calculator to find out when could be my referral date... My LID is march 20, 2006. Help to see that I am not the only one going crazy. If that continue, her room will have to be repaint... :)

3/17/2007 01:11:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home