Translate this site:
German
Danish
Dutch
French
Norwegian
Spanish
Swedish



Wednesday, February 22, 2006

NPR and Orgies

This post has nothing to do with the CCAA, referrals, rumors, or review rooms. We'll go back to our regularly scheduled programming as soon as I see something I haven't already reported on. Am I the only person who thinks the NPR people are TRYING to sound like they are saying "visit us, at NPR dot orgie". They don't say "dot org" like they should. The web suffixes are said like a word, not spelled out. Dot Com. Dot Net. Dot Org. The org is said like organ without the second syllable. PBS has figured this out, as they say about a million times a morning "visit us, at PBSKids dot org". But NPR hasn't figured this out. So, they say "In Pee Are dot Oh Are Gee", but they say that Oh Are Gee all together so it's "orgie". Please tell me I'm not the only one who hears it this way.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i hadn't really thought about it, but you're right. and the fact that this bothered you enough to blog about it makes me even fonder of you.

i *have* noticed that they say the "ARE" in a really weird way, too. just don't get me started on how terri gross says "fffffffffRESH air." drives me nuts.

-c

2/23/2006 10:03:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe you just have the hots for Steve Inskeep.

Oh the FFFFFFFFFresh air drives me nuts too. Like she's trying to be all punchy and fresh. She drives me nuts in general.

2/23/2006 03:23:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home