Translate this site:
German
Danish
Dutch
French
Norwegian
Spanish
Swedish



Saturday, February 25, 2006

Hunan baby trafficking

I've had several people email me about the Hunan issues, wanting to know what I might know about it. For a little more info, see these links: NPR Research China BBC The NPR story has one gross inaccuracy (the cost), which of course puts the rest of the story as questionable. But, assuming the rest is true, then that would seem to agree with Brian Stuy's reporting of the story. The BBC version of the story is quite different. I'm not sure we'll ever know the real story. As a parent, I'd feel better that the children were possibly given for money instead of being kidnapped and then sold with the kidnappers profiting. My reasoning is that if there are parents who are missing their very much wanted child then that is heartbreaking... but if the parents willingly gave the child up then that's completely different. But, then I think about how my daughter might view it as she gets older. Being abandoned vs being sold vs being kidnapped from parents who very much wanted and loved you. That's a whole different issue. Thankfully my daughter is not from any of the named orphanages.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

2/25/2006 09:03:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

2/25/2006 09:03:00 AM  
Blogger RumorQueen said...

I've had to delete a couple of spam comments. If this continues I'll probably have to disable the ability to leave anon comments.

I've reported the IP addresses, but that's about all I can do at this point.

One of the comments was actually a humorous video... but I'm not sure fart jokes are appropriate here.

2/25/2006 09:09:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home